In Making Money on Amazon Part 1, we went through the first five steps, and left off with finding a suitable web host. Now, we will look at the final five steps.
- Install blog software. Why should you do this? Answer: It will give you the structure needed to simplify the operation of your site, and it will make it easier to keep that site updated with fresh content. WordPress is the most popular CMS (content management system). It’s free (open source), it’s powerful, and it is very easy to install and use. Many web hosting companies make it easy to install WordPress; just download the software and follow the instructions.
- Make the site look good. One of the best things about WordPress is the wide variety of templates you can select. There are countless free themes, and there are hundreds of paid themes as well. Choose a theme that looks great, is relevant to your niche, and has the tools and layout you need.
- Create categories. Your WordPress software allows you to set up categories for your entries, which makes it easier for visitors to find information. For instance, your salsa dancing website could have categories on music, dance clothing, and classes.
- Become an affiliate. It’s free to sign up as an Amazon affiliate, but you’ll want to set up your site and add some content for Amazon to review.
- Create blog links. There are a few ways to do it; you can use the tools offered in WordPress, or you can use Amazon’s “Build a Link” tool. Log onto your affiliate page, and find a product to review before building a personalized link. You have many options to consider, but text links are highly effective.
- Blog away. Write a review and post it to your site, inserting the link code for the product you’re reviewing. Include multiple reviews for the best results.
- Promote your site. All of the steps listed above won’t get you anywhere if you don’t promote your site. There are many places to do this, such as online forums, directories and social media sites. The more you expose your site to the world, the more successful you’ll be.
That’s all there is to it. In Part 2, we’ve gotten you ready to make money as an Amazon affiliate. What do you have to lose – follow the steps in Part 1 and Part 2 to make money today!