Ten Ways to Promote Your Membership Program
Once you have developed your membership program, the fun starts. The fun is promotion. If you want to attract enough potential members to earn a full-time living, you’ll need to figure out how many members that represents. For example, let’s assume you want to make 10,000 dollars per month from your membership program. This will cover all expenses and give you enough to live on each month.
If you are charging $50.00 per month for members, this means you need only 200 paying members on a monthly basis. Since we know from research that most members drop out after three months, this means you’ll need to attract about 10,000 potential members to your website monthly though promotion activities, or about 334 per day.
1. Study Your Target Audience – The more you can know about your audience, the better you can make your products and the easier it is to write and craft marketing materials that get results.
2. Use Social Media – Use social media to promote your new membership by making a free group that you use to attract people and tease information about the membership to. You can also use PPC to promote on social media.
3. Outstanding Landing Pages – Never skimp on your landing pages when it comes to membership websites. A great landing page can make all the difference to your audience and convert more visitors into members.
4. Killer Sales Pages – If you plan to have affiliates, you need killer sales pages that convert visitors to members. If you aren’t sure how to make a great sales page, you can hire someone to do it for you.
5. Content – You’ll need to produce a lot of content to promote your business, educate your audience, and inform and engage with your audience. You’ll need both content open to the public and content that requires a membership to get results.
6. Guest Blogging – Get out of your comfort zone and blog on other people’s websites as a guest. Your authority quotient will go up, and your bio will help people find your membership website.
7. Webinars and Teleseminars – Webinars and teleseminars offer a very high converting platform to membership site marketers. Offer one each month and get affiliates to promote it, and you’ll keep your membership site full.
8. Send Out Press Releases – Don’t overlook the good old-fashioned press release as a great way to promote your membership. If you can frame it as a newsworthy story then you’re going to be more likely to get it published.
9. On-Page and Off-Page SEO – This is an ongoing process that needs to be done for everything you do in terms of online marketing. On-page SEO covers content, headlines, keywords and more. Off-page SEO covers social media, guest posting and things you do off your website.
10. Make YouTube Videos – A great off-page SEO way to get links and views for your website, YouTube videos are also a great way to give your audience deeper information about your membership.
Building a membership site is not the only thing you need to do to be successful. You must promote the site and get members to sign up on a regular basis, month after month. One more way that you can use to promote your membership website is to form an affiliate program where you get people to promote the membership for you. This is a great way to get free marketing and move your website up on Google Search rank.