How to Find a Great Content Writer to Create Your Content
Outsourcing the work you need to do for marketing online in your business is the best way to ensure that you run your business lean and mean and get things done too. When you outsource, you don’t have to hire an employee; instead you can find a contractor to do the work for you. If you want to hire a great content writer to create your content, follow this advice and you’ll be sure to find one who will stick with you long term.
* Ask Your Circle of Influence – You may be in groups or associate with other marketers. If so, ask them to make a recommendation for a content writer that can write content for your niche and industry.
* Write an Advertisement – So that you can ensure that everyone knows the type of writer you need, create an advertisement. When you write it, be very specific about the type of writing you need, the expectations you have, and your budget. If you want someone with copywriting experience, that’s different from content writing. That is why you need to be so specific about what you want.
* Test Applicants – You don’t need to waste their time but if someone has passed all the other criteria, give them a small project to work on first. Pay them for their time and contribution even if you choose not to hire them for future work.
* Pay a Fair Rate – Writing is not a minimum wage, no-skill job. Consider how important content is to your marketing strategy and pay a fair rate for the level of professional you desire to hire. You can get articles cheaply online through services like 123Employee.com, but you won’t have as much control over the quality as you will if you hire someone directly and work with them one-on-one.
* Consider Your Readers – What type of content do your readers want? It can be tempting to find keywords and base the writer’s work on keywords. However, if you want success from hiring a writer, you need to have a plan for the content you want to create three months from now, if not a year from now, and that must be based on what your customers want to read.
* You May Need to Edit – To get the writing just right, especially if you have a special “voice” you want to demonstrate, you may still need to edit the articles the writer writes. Add your own intro and conclusion and a case study so that it is more personalized. However, general evergreen articles are excellent choices to outsource too.
It’s important that you don’t settle for mediocre writing, and that you balance the type of writing you need to outsource with your budget. However, keep in mind how long it would take you to create all the content you need for your business alone. When you think about being able to publish amazing content on a regular basis, hiring someone to help you create it will pay off exponentially.